Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Housing, health care, climate, clean water, gerrymandering, opioids, criminal justice, early childhood education, hourly workers, veterans, LGBTQ, racial justice

 


 


Being a U.S. Senator is ultimately about making policy decisions, so I want to run a campaign that puts a real policy discussion at the center.

So we started this campaign by laying out where I’ve stood on the major issues over my last seven years in the state Senate - issues like health carecriminal justiceeducationracial justice, and fixing our democracy.

Then we held town halls in all 100 counties.

And we used what we learned at those town halls to write detailed plans about specific areas. Here are the detailed plans we’ve written so far:

Here’s our process for writing those plans:

First, we consult the people of North Carolina. We’ve held more than 130 public, open town halls across the state and heard from thousands of North Carolinians about the issues that are impacting their families and communities. These conversations have genuinely informed our policy plans.

Then, I write the first draft. I take what I learned from our town halls, what I know from my experience in the North Carolina legislature, and what I’ve researched, to write a comprehensive plan that I believe is the boldest version of what we can realistically achieve. Sometimes they’re pretty long – but we’ve got a lot of work to do.

Then, we consult the experts. I know that professionals who have spent their lives and livelihoods dedicated to these issues know more than I do – and listening to experts is a good thing. It’s something elected officials should do more of. So before we roll anything out, we make sure to ask for input from those folks.

Then, we consult our staff. We’ve got a diverse team of really smart people, so our team gets a chance to review a policy before we roll it out publicly.

Finally, we share it with you. And hey – we know not everyone is going to read every plan. But if you’re really passionate about, say, water quality in the Cape Fear River, you’ll know exactly where we stand on the issue that matters most to you.

There’s no ask in this email. I just wanted to give you an inside look at our process and how we’ve built our North Carolina agenda. I’m genuinely proud of what we’re building here, and I hope we’re making you proud too.

There’s a lot at stake in this election. A clear plan for how to move forward makes it a little bit easier.

As always – thanks for your support.

– Jeff

PAID FOR BY JEFF JACKSON FOR US SENATE

Jeff Jackson for US Senate
P.O. Box 470882
Charlotte, NC 28226
United States







No comments:

Post a Comment

"Look Me In The Eye" | Lucas Kunce for Missouri

  Help Lucas Kunce defeat Josh Hawley in November: https://LucasKunce.com/chip-in/ Josh Hawley has been a proud leader in the fight to ...