Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Did you see Ro on the Colbert show this week?

 

Ro Khanna

Hey, we wanted to make sure you saw this.


Why Rep. Ro Khanna Is Pushing For An Internet Bill Of Rights


California congressman Rep. Ro Khanna makes his first visit to The Late Show to chat with Stephen about Big Tech's influence over our lives and why he believes an "Internet Bill of Rights' is needed. Learn more about Rep. Khanna's work in his new book, "Dignity in a Digital Age."


Ro joined Stephen Colbert to discuss everything from one of Ro’s first activist efforts when he was 14 to what the internet has become today. You can listen to the full story here.

Trust us, you won’t want to miss this.

More soon,

Team Ro

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ro Khanna
Date: Wed, Feb 2, 2022
Subject: My chat with Colbert

I had to share this with you.

On Monday night, I sat down with Stephen Colbert to discuss dignity and diplomacy and how I have always had a strong conviction against any decision which violates human rights. 

My grandfather spent four years in jail alongside Mahatma Gandhi in protest of British colonialism during the Indian Independence Movement. This is deeply personal to me.

In my interview, Colbert unearthed a letter I wrote to my local paper when I was in junior high condemning then-president George H. W. Bush for his decision to enter the First Gulf War, risking the lives of American soldiers for economic gain. Even at 14, I knew it was vital to advocate for diplomacy and human rights above all else. 

I am running for re-election because I believe, like my grandfather, that dignity is non-negotiable. Dignity is the way you treat yourself, it is the way you treat others and how others respect you in return. 

It should never be taken lightly. 

— Ro






 


Like on FacebookFollow on Twitter

Email us: info@rokhanna.com

Email is the most important way we keep in touch with people like you, so thank you for reading to the end. Small donors like you keep us going. To contribute via check, please address to Ro for Congress, PO Box 3513, Santa Clara, CA 95051.

Paid for by Ro for Congress



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Look Me In The Eye" | Lucas Kunce for Missouri

  Help Lucas Kunce defeat Josh Hawley in November: https://LucasKunce.com/chip-in/ Josh Hawley has been a proud leader in the fight to ...