Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

My most important job: being a dad.

 

I’m running for Congress, but I’m a dad to two incredible daughters first.

Jerry with his wife Emily and their daughters
Jerry with his wife Emily and their daughters

Every decision I make on this campaign, I make thinking about the world I want to create for them and every child in this country.

I think about the gun violence epidemic, and how heartbreaking it is that our children fear for their safety in their own schools – a place that should be a safe haven for them.

I think about the climate crisis that our children are inheriting. In Pittsburgh, we have some of the worst air quality in the nation. Everytime I take my daughters to go play in the park, I worry about whether it’s safe for them to be outside.

I think about the future of our democracy. We want our children to grow up knowing that their voice matters, but the rise of white nationalism, xenophobia, and attacks on voting rights are putting that very notion at risk.

We need leaders who will fight to protect our childrens’ future, not fight for the interests of their wealthy campaign donors. I know I will be that leader for PA-18, but to win I need your support. We are $1,831 short of our daily goal. Can I count on you to chip in $27 right now?

 I’m determined to build a brighter future for my daughters. As a member of Congress, I’ll fight for the policies that will ensure that.

We need to pass comprehensive gun reform to end the epidemic of gun violence in our country.

We need a Green New Deal to combat the devastating effects of climate change.

And we need to strengthen voting rights to reclaim our democracy for future generations.

I’m putting the interests of our children – not the interests of big dollar donors – first. That’s why I need your help to keep my grassroots momentum alive through Election Day.

Together, we can deliver a brighter tomorrow for generations to come. Will you chip in just $27 before midnight to fuel my campaign and join my fight?

I can’t thank you enough,

Jerry Dickinson


Dickinson for Congress Committee
P.O. Box 5367
Pittsburgh, PA 15206-9998
United States

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Look Me In The Eye" | Lucas Kunce for Missouri

  Help Lucas Kunce defeat Josh Hawley in November: https://LucasKunce.com/chip-in/ Josh Hawley has been a proud leader in the fight to ...