Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2021

I'm running for U.S. Senate

 

Mandela Barnes


Last month, I announced that I am running for the United States Senate in Wisconsin.

This is going to be a grassroots campaign built by people from all walks of life. So I’d like to ask you to do something important to show you're a part of this team:

The current system isn't working for the people of Wisconsin. Hard work just isn't paying off like it used to. People just like you and me work longer and longer for less and less while big corporations and CEOs bring in larger profits than ever before.

Instead of changing our dreams...we need to change the game. It's time to stand for something. For opportunity. For everyone.

We can't settle for what is – we have to reach for what can be. We cannot lower our expectations when things get tough.

This will not be an easy campaign. The only way we will win this race and expand opportunity for everyone is if we do it together.

I was first elected as a State Representative at age 25, and then I became our state's first Black Lieutenant Governor at 32. During my time in office, I've been committed to creating a Wisconsin where everyone has the chance to thrive – regardless of which ZIP code they live in.

My mom was a Milwaukee public school teacher for 30 years, and my dad worked 3rd shift at the General Motors plant. When I was growing up, they were both active union members organizing for better wages and defending workers' rights. Their example showed me the importance of working hard and fighting for opportunity for everyone.

Wisconsin is my home, and I believe it is a great place with a bright future.

As the birthplace of the Labor Movement and the Progressive Movement, Wisconsin has a lot to be proud of. But many communities – especially Black, Brown, and Indigenous – have also borne the brunt of systemic racism and the many crises we've endured. The truth is that we’ve got a lot of work to do to build a more just and equitable state for every Wisconsinite.

We all know the realities of a broken health care system, income inequality and the climate crisis. But that also means that we'll be taking on some very powerful special interests who will try to stop our campaign.

I have full confidence that if we're in this together, we are going to do great things for Wisconsin and the country. That's why I'm asking you directly:

Let's work together to change the game and create a Wisconsin that works for all of us.

Thank you for adding your name to join this campaign.

All my best,

Mandela Barnes


Paid for by Mandela Barnes for Wisconsin

Mandela Barnes for Wisconsin
P.O. Box 597
Milwaukee, WI 53201



Wisconsin Senators, Representatives, and Congressional ...

Wisconsin's senators are: Senior Senator Ron Johnson. Republican. Since Jan 5, 2011. Next Election in 2022. Junior Senator Tammy Baldwin. Democrat. Since Jan 3, 2013. Next Election in 2024. Representatives. The United States is divided into 435 congressional districts, each with a population of about 710,000 individuals. Each district elects ...






No comments:

Post a Comment

"Look Me In The Eye" | Lucas Kunce for Missouri

  Help Lucas Kunce defeat Josh Hawley in November: https://LucasKunce.com/chip-in/ Josh Hawley has been a proud leader in the fight to ...