Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

I found this old photo

 


When I was a young attorney, I had the privilege of representing the United States as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Los Angeles. It was a thrill to go into the courtroom each day, and introduce myself as appearing “on behalf of the United States.”

One of my most high-profile cases involved an FBI agent who was charged with spying on the United States on behalf of the Soviet Union. It was a classic “sex for secrets” case involving a Soviet asset named, of course, Svetlana. The FBI agent, Richard Miller, was convicted.

Little did I know at the time, but I would see the same Russian tradecraft that targets Americans who are greedy and prone to extramarital affairs employed when an unscrupulous New York businessman became president of the United States. Nor could I have imagined that one day, the greatest threat to our democracy would come from within.

Protecting our democracy has become the core of my work in Congress. And that fight isn’t over. Not by a long shot. In fact, it’s only just begun.

Republicans across the country are wreaking havoc on our norms, our voting rights, and our democracy. And their attacks are purposeful. This isn’t hyperbole. It’s real.

Voter suppression is their mission – and they are succeeding. Passing bills to suppress the vote in Texas, Florida, Georgia, and so many other places. And they are also preparing to overturn a presidential election if it again doesn’t go their way.

The reality is, I don’t put my priority on seeking big-dollar donations for my campaign. I also don’t believe it’s the way to get things done. And frankly, the young man in that picture would rather have me spend my time on the important work in Congress.

So I rely on people like you. Voters, concerned citizens, activists willing to fight for our democracy – one vote and a few dollars at a time.

I’d be grateful if you supported our campaign with a donation today. Even $10 can make a difference. Let’s keep up the fight.

— Adam

PAID FOR AND AUTHORIZED BY SCHIFF FOR CONGRESS

Schiff for Congress
150 E. Olive Ave.
Suite 208
Burbank, CA 91502
United States








No comments:

Post a Comment

"Look Me In The Eye" | Lucas Kunce for Missouri

  Help Lucas Kunce defeat Josh Hawley in November: https://LucasKunce.com/chip-in/ Josh Hawley has been a proud leader in the fight to ...